stylist shops: Wedding Dressing

Thursday 10 April 2014

Wedding Dressing




On Sunday I had my first wedding of the year, a beautiful black-tie ceremony in Brighton. 
As a very casual (scruffy) dresser, I always find wedding dressing a little tricky, I tend to look like a boy in a frock, which is never really what I'm going for. 
This Sunday night I wore an H&M dress, Prada bag and Jimmy Choo patent heels
It's taken me years to work out my 'wedding style' - including having my own wedding - so here are a few of my lessons learned on summer wedding dressing...

1. If you are not the kind of person who gets a blow-dry, for heavens sakes don't get a blow-dry. I have learnt this the hard way (4 separate occasions looking like a cross between KMid and a poodle). Tame unruly hair with Moroccan Oil Shine Spray for a quick fix - and run over any mad curls with the GHDs
2. Acne tends to be my best bet for evening-wear as it still has a casual, cool and uncontrived feel.  Invest in something simple and wearable - and don't be afraid to do colour. 



3. Wear comfortable heels - and take flats. You're on your feet all day so you need to be able to walk. I once wore a pair of Louboutin heels to a wedding and put them straight on ebay the next day because I was so angry with them for ruining my day. Jimmy Choo are simply the most comfortable heels - worth investing in as you can actually wear them for the full day. Plus I always take a little pair of simple Bloch ballet pumps for when the dancing really gets going - flats are essential for my centre of gravity when throwing serious shapes on the dance floor.



More wedding dressing to come later this summer...

10 comments:

  1. That dress is stunning, you look absolutely amazing!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress I need it in my life! But cant see on the H and M website. Is it available yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, the dress was from last summer's Conscious Collection - it may be on ebay. The new Conscious Collection came out yesterday and they have some great dresses so take a look! X

      Delete
  3. Hi Rachel, I love reading your blog! It keeps me distracted in the office ;)
    I absolutley love this dress...is it this season? Thanks! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, so pleased you like the blog!
      The dress was from last summer's Conscious Collection from H&M but they have just released this years collection - so check out the dresses they have in store now. And perhaps check out ebay for this one too? Good luck on the hunt! x

      Delete
  4. Hi! I love this dress too! I asked about it via Instagram and I know you said it was from last year. Boo :-( I have scoured ebay for it but no joy. I just wondered if you d come across any other amazing dresses out now on the high street? I have a few weddings coming up soon and desperate for a dress but so far had no luck finding anything! Thank you!! Rhi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhi, sadly yes it was from last year but fingers crossed one pops up on ebay! I will do a post in the next couple of weeks on summer wedding and hopefully give you some great ideas!! x

      Delete
    2. Hi Rhi, If you're looking for this dress still, I am selling one on ebay! Take a look!

      Delete