stylist shops: Whata-ya-got H&M?

Sunday 2 March 2014

Whata-ya-got H&M?

IT'S SHOPPING SUNDAY! 
And time for me to take on a new shop and see what they have in store for us.
So, today, H&M the high fashion high street shop which even has it's own show at PARIS FASHION WEEK is my shopping target... lets see how I got on!





First up the knit'n'shorts combo. I love a knit and shorts but am always confused as to which season one is meant to wear this? If it's cold enough for that knit, it's sure as hell too cold to wear those shorts.
ANYWAY I digress, These shorts are a WINNER on all accounts. Bottle green, suede, boxing shorts (size 12, £59.99) - I mean do I even need to say anything else? Well, apart from the fact that I liked them a size bigger to feel boxier. They are a true gem of a high street find and will probably disappear off the racks pretty quick. so GO!
The jumper (size 8, £39.99) was a perfect knit, not too tight on the neck, not the softest of materials but at least it wasn't itchy.... 




I then refused to take the shorts off ever again (they came home with me) so threw this shirt (size 10, £29.99) and bomber (size 10, £29.99) on for another way to wear them.  



Oh AND this coat. Which was also a total winner. This denim, oversized trench (size 10, £59.99) which looks totally ACNE and super cool with a rolled up sleeve, would go with absolutely everything in your wardrobe.




Once I'd managed to pry the suede shorts from my nether-regions I threw on this amazing embellished sweatshirt (size 10, £39.99) with pinstripe wool trousers (size 8, £34.99) which came up pretty high waisted - too high for my comfort factor, but fit pretty well on the leg. They are a good cropped length so would be perfect with a pair of brogues or slippers once 'tis ankle bearing season again. 





So, curve ball time, the mid length, strange old auntie dress (size 10, £29.99). This one confused me so much on the hanger I had to have a go. I'm not sure I can pull it off - feel free to let me know - but I felt it had to go with a pair of trainers (size 39, totally true to size, £24.99) to have any sort of chance of being cool and modern. 




And finally, this mid-blue number (size 10, £39.99) which is a little more on the casual wedding side and would look totally marvellous styled up for the day with a cute rollneck or silk tshirt underneath. VERSATILE HEY? 




1 comment: