stylist shops: Whata-ya-got Next?

Sunday 23 March 2014

Whata-ya-got Next?


ITS SUNDAY SHOPPING!
And today I'm at a high street store I've mentioned quite a lot recently - trusty old Next.
Not a shop I frequent much to be honest, but one that seems to churn out pretty good stuff once in a while, and I've found some amazing things recently while putting together my pages for Glamour, so decided to have a look what they had in their Bond Street flagship...





And so we begin...




My first find, which I almost took home with me, was this patchwork denim shirt dress (Size 8, £38). If there's one thing I learnt from my experience in Next it was size down - and this size 8 fit exactly as you would want it to - slightly boxy. Patchwork denim is a major trend this season and Next have got this spot on.





On with the bohemian peasant blouse (Size 10, £28) and boyfriend jeans (slim boyfriend, Size 10, £26) for look number two. The jeans were definitely too big (couldn't find an 8) but their shape was that perfect slim leg boyfriendy shape that is often hard to find on the highstreet. Blouse was a good summer staple, but the cut was too slim for my liking.






Third up, the fluff-ball top (Size 10, £32) worn with those trusty boyfriend jeans. I thought this top would make me look like a 50's starlet - but in reality I looked more like a sesame street character. It fit pretty true to size, a little clingy and the low back is a nice detail.



\

Next up, the slogan sweatshirt, a key piece this summer. This grey one from Next didn't quite have the WOW factor of a Carven/Kenzo/Christopher Kane one.. so I used it as a base for the two great jackets I found on my rummage around the store. 
First up, jacket of the season - the Bomber....





Lightweight jersey means this bomber (Size 10, £50) can be worn all summer long and will go with everything, especially cute summer dresses. 
£50 does seem a little steep for a jacket from Next - but then hey, a coffee in Pret nowadays will set you back a fiver...





Finally, the 'Isabel Marat-esq' denim quilted bomber (Size 10, £45). 
This baby is the jacket for me. 
Undistinguishable by brand, totally relaxed and cool, fit kinda oversized and would look great with frayed white denim shorts and Birkenstocks this summer. 
An all round winner. 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment