stylist shops: Whata-ya-got Liberty?

Sunday 9 March 2014

Whata-ya-got Liberty?

IT'S SHOPPING SUNDAY!
And time again for me to take on the changing rooms of another shop, raiding the racks and showing the world how much my hair really needs a wash.
This week I've visited London boutique Liberty, one of my favourite spots in London, a beautiful Tudor revival building stocked full of beautiful SS14 things.  
I've gone for higher price points today as Liberty stocks two of my favourite brands Acne and Isabel Marant Etoile - but as a massive advocate of cost per wear purchases, I'm going to show you how to style up each item a few different ways - making them so versatile and wearable you'll never take them off so THEY'RE PRACTICALLY FREE! 
Sadly, much of Liberty's stock is still not available to buy online (get with the times Liberty), so I have had to link other stores to some of the items I'm wearing...



So, we're ready to go.. and here are the 6 delicious items I've picked today...



Trousers Isabel Marant Etoile, Top Isabel Marant Etoile, Jeans EachXOther, Jacket Acne, Tshit Acne and Shirt Isabel Marant Etoile




First up, these Isabel Marant Etoile checkered, cotton trousers (£225 size 10) are probably the most comfortable things you will ever drape upon your legs, like clouds of soft brushed cotton floating about your lower limbs. They are also the kind of thing you may not buy because you're  'sure you can find a similar pair at Zara', but mark my words dear reader, they will NEVER look or fit like these look and fit.  
The Isabel Marant Etoile top (£265 size M) has a simple, boxy tshirt fit but is made from a heavy-mesh-embroidered material and can be dressed up or down, so I can't imagine taking this one off all summer long...




And just to prove that point, I haven't taken it off....
Second outfit is the same delightfully meshy top half paired with jeans from new cool kid brand EachXOther (£285 size M) and the leather side panel makes me very happy (I don't know about you?). So happy I'm even doing a selfie-side-pose to give you an optimum viewing angle.
Dont say I don't treat you good....





The pyjama pants are back on, and this time with a clashing printed blouse again from Isabel Marant Etoile (£210, size 8) which makes me renounce my revulsion for floral prints. Coulda gone a size up, not going to lie, they simply didn't have any more in stock. Word of advice, if you have any hint of womanly breast, never buy a French brand's size 8 top. 






And on to the Acne tshirt (£100 size M) - it fits as any Acne tshirts does; loose, boxy and perfectly. Every Acne tshirt I've ever bought has lasted me years and been worn to the threads. Sound investments. 

I can't go much further without mentioning Acne's JUST DROPPED collaboration with Liberty - an amazing mix of Liberty's fabrics with Acne's cool designs. Yes it is pricey but it's totally amazing...





So - back to the changing rooms...




My final outfit for the day, the Acne denim jacket (£300, size 10) thrown over those trusty EachXOther jeans and Acne Tshirt. This jacket looks like a simple white denim jacket, but reader, it is so much more. It fits like the boxy babe you always want your vintage one to be and the three stripes across the back and arms (check out the link to see this properly) give it that 'where did you get that jacket?' factor. Yes it's £300 but I guarantee you'll wear this jacket over everything you own this summer.

And that's it for today folks. Enjoy the sunshine, spring has arrived so time to get shopping....









1 comment:

  1. Great post! - Im obsessed with Isabel Marant and love the floral top, will be buying that!

    ReplyDelete